The first International Summer Institute on ‘Students as Partners in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education’ is to be organised by McMaster Institute for Innovation and Enhancement in Teaching and Learning (MIIETL), Canada in early May 2016.
- This international Summer Institute is, as far as we know, the first one to be held anywhere in the world on the topic of ‘students as partners in learning and teaching in higher education.
- Its overall aim is to build the capacity and understanding of faculty and students to develop, design and implement initiatives to promote the idea of students as partners in learning and teaching in higher education.
- Faculty and students are invited to come to McMaster University, about 45 minutes south of Toronto International Airport, for two, three or four days from 2-5 May 2016.
- Faculty are encouraged where possible to bring a student with them, or students should bring a member of faculty with them, to participate in either one or two consecutive two- day highly interactive workshops.
- Alternatively teams of 4-6 faculty and students (at least two of each) from an institution may apply to join a three day ‘Change Institute’ where they will be supported to plan the implementation of a Students as Partners initiative.
- The Summer Institute will be facilitated by highly experienced faculty andstudents including Peter Felten (Elon, US), Mick Healey (Healey HE Consultants, UK), Beth Marquis (McMaster, Canada) and Kelly Matthews (Queensland, Australia)
Application Deadline: February 12, 2016
Applicants Notified: February 26, 2016
Registration & Payment Deadline: April 8, 2016
For more information and details on how to apply please see: https://macblog.mcmaster.ca/summer-institute
Further details will be on the website early in the New Year
Please pass these details on to faculty and students who you think may be interested in this exciting opportunity to explore how students as partners may change the face of higher education.